The New Year is a priceless opportunity! Forget the past year. Forget your age and what could’ve or should’ve been or done. Today is the first day of the rest of your life.
If you’d really like to keep all your promises; achieve your dreams; make the life changes you want; have zero regrets at the end of your life; and be remembered for meaningful legacies, then the time to start taking action is TODAY.
Here are 15 great ideas to get started, excerpted from 15 ways to live a life with no regret.
And a reminder regarding a special offer to join the BlueprintPAL program: it’s like having your own personal coach, at a tiny fraction of the regular price. But hurry: the special offer off 50% off forever with code 4DD79C4353 ends on January 15, 2015.
- Be the leader of your own journey. There are far too many capable people who don’t pursue their dreams and goals because they let their fears come in their way. Choose to do the things in life that move YOU.
- Embrace uncertainty. Sometimes what you don’t want is exactly what you need. So when faced with uncertainty, plunge ahead instead of hesitating.
- Take calculated risks. Life is short. Spread your wings. Start now. What a shame it would be for you to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of your full potential.
- Don’t just study it. DO it! Knowledge combined with intention and action will organize the fulfillment of almost any desire. Take action: learn and DO!
- Put consistent effort into your biggest goals. Are you willing to spend time for a few years like most people won’t, so you can spend the better part of your life like most people can’t? Expecting to win without preparation and hard work is arrogance. Expecting to win because you’ve prepared and worked hard is confidence – and that’s what you need to succeed in the long run.
- Think you CAN. Truthfully, if it doesn’t challenge you, it won’t change you. And change breeds growth. So when a goal seems big and a plan looks tough, just begin. Step by step you can get through anything. In the end, you’re going to succeed because you’re crazy enough to think you can.
- Respond with the power of your positivity. Talking about problems can be an unhealthy addiction. Break the habit and talk about your joys, victories and blessings instead. Your life is the way it is not because of what happens, but because of how you respond to it. If you can sincerely believe that the obstacles can’t hold you back, they won’t be able to.
- Flow with life, rather than against it. Instead of resenting what you must do, just get it done. When you choose to love what you’re doing, you’ll be able to do more of what you love. In this moment is everything you are and everything you need. So allow your actions to add positive value to the moment.
- Be extra kind to people. The person you mistakenly take for granted today may turn out to be the only person you need tomorrow.
- Value what money can’t buy. People who spend all their time trying to make money, spend all their money trying to make time. Don’t do this to yourself. This year, be wealthy in healthy relationships too.
- Share your love openly and honestly with those you love. No matter what, you’re going to lose people in your life. Realize that no matter how much time you spend with someone, or how much you appreciate them, sometimes it will never seem like you had enough time together. Don’t learn this lesson the hard way. Express your love. Tell people what you need to tell them. Don’t shy away from important conversations because you feel awkward or uncomfortable. You never know when you might lose your opportunity.
- Be wise enough to walk away from needless negativity. Other people’s negativity is rarely worth dealing with. Let them work it out on their own time. When other people treat you poorly, keep being you. Don’t ever let someone else’s bitterness and bad behavior change the person you are.
- Forget trying to please everyone you meet. Some people are not going to agree with you or like you no matter what you do or what you say. Get over it and get on with your life. No one has the right to judge you. So forget what they say about you. Focus on how you feel about yourself, and do your best.
- Let your presence overpower your fear of judgment. When you’re in a social situation that’s making you anxious, train yourself to be present without regretting how others once made you feel, or fearing the possibility of future judgment. This is your choice. You CAN change the way you think.
- Say “goodbye” so you can say “hello.” In life, goodbyes are a gift. When certain people walk away from you, and certain opportunities close their doors on you, there is no need to hold onto them or pray to keep them present in your life. If they close you out, take it as a direct indication that these people, circumstances and opportunities are not part of the plan for the next step of your life. It’s a hint that your personal growth requires someone different and something more, and life is simply making room. So embrace your goodbyes, because every “goodbye” you receive sets you up for an even better “hello.”
Learn to shape and polish these and other empowering perspectives through the BlueprintPAL program and community: join today.
Next week, I’ll share the story of someone who followed this kind of thinking and the BlueprintPAL program to create a charitable foundation that in less than one year, is making a huge impact, while also fulfilling her life purpose and creating a powerful legacy. Stay tuned!