Last week, I suggested you might want to reflect on five key questions as 2014 draws to a close:
- Which of your goals did you achieve?
- Which did you not achieve? Why do you think that is the case?
- How do you feel about your achievements? Are you glad, mad, sad, ashamed or afraid?
- What different perspectives might serve you better?
- What will you do differently in 2015, so that you achieve and exceed what you set out to accomplish?
To help you, I’ve created a simple chart with an example of a key goal at which I only succeeded partly in 2014: health and wellness. You can download the chart here and read my answers to the above questions.
So what are the daily health and wellness practices that I consider essential for me?
- Get enough good quality sleep – stop short-cutting on sleep, it’s a false economy
- Practice yoga daily, including deep breathing and stretching
- Undertake a short (10 minutes) burst of weight related workout
- Walk 5 to 6k in 60 minutes
- Drink my super shake daily (this is one habit I have maintained consistently). Curious about this amazingly powerful shake? You can access the recipe here – modify it as you wish.
- Plan out meals for the day, and keep healthy snacks handy (otherwise, I snack on foods that contain too much dairy, sugar, or wheat)
- Take all my daily nutritional supplements
- Drink 2 to 3 liters of water per day, including one liter before 9 am. Ensure one liter of water includes liquid chlorophyll.
- Continue to stay off caffeine – now in my 10th year.
Weekly: one session with personal trainer, two yoga classes, stair climbing twice for mountain training, one to two longer walks – 2 hours each, planning ahead when travelling or eating out, menu development and shopping for organic and other healthy foods, meditation three times per week, and weekly review of how I am doing with meeting these targets.
While this may seem a lot, many of these nine daily items (excluding sleep) can be completed in the first 2.5 hours from 6:00 am to 8:30 am, which I have learnt is KEY for me. Other items are now scheduled into my calendar as a weekly recurring item.
In 2014, I was not consistent with the above, and I paid the price in aches and pains, low energy sometimes, and picking up bugs and infections two to three times, which naturally slowed me down.
For 2015, I have a clear plan, all laid out within the planning modules and apps in BlueprintPAL and in my calendar.
So try making your own list of health and wellness habits that might work specifically for you. I’d love to hear about innovative ways to stay healthy.
A special offer
If you’d like to achieve your own health or other goals in 2015, and develop habits and perspectives that you can sustain, take a few minutes to look at the powerfulBlueprintPAL program and the amazing results participants obtain.
The first two months are at no cost. So sign up today – you have nothing to lose, and a whole new world of achievement, balance and happiness to gain! After the first 60 days, there is a very low monthly fee. It’s less than $1 per day!
If you would like to take advantage of a further special offer, please use this code4DD79C4353 until January 15, 2015 to get 50% off either program for as long as you want, making the program a too-good-to-pass opportunity. Yes, this is in addition to the initial free two months.
And feel free to share the code with your friends, family and colleagues for their use.
When you sign-up, you’ll be able to start the program immediately. The first weekly coaching call will be on Tuesday, January 6, 2015 at 12 noon ET. I look forward to saying hello to those who have already taken advantage of this special offer and to those of you who will sign up sign up shortly.
Wishing you an amazing 2015!